Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Whoa Nelly....This Is For Real!

So today, I think I had that moment that many expectant moms have when they discover they're pregnant. While chatting with my sister this afternoon, my cell phone went off. I looked down at the screen and it said, "restricted." My heart skipped a beat because I knew it had to be the adoption agency. Sure enough it was. A sweet woman spoke with me for a few minutes - she confirmed that she received our application and check, however, there was something missing from our 1040.

The entire time we spoke I could feel my heart pounding in my chest...I was suddenly transported back to two years ago when we were going through this with Sophie's adoption. I know that we are once again in this process, but this time I know what we are going to get. It's not just that we are adopting a "baby"....we are getting another little person.

With that one phone call, so very early in the process, it suddenly became so very real - we're not just talking about it...we're doing it! Fear and doubt gripped my heart, but I have to go back to that Sunday when we were compelled to fill out our application. I can literally feel myself being pulled down this path, as if there is a rope around my soul. And just like any other expectant mom who has looked down and seen two lines, it is scary...but there is no turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment