Sunday, August 7, 2011

Yummy! Butterscotch Zucchini Cake


So in my quest to be a frugal, part-time, stay-at-home-mom who also works outside the house, I thought I would start posting some recipes and pictures of my favorite "go-to" meals and treats. This is my first one, so I'll see how it goes!
Butterscotch Zucchini Cake
This is recipe comes from one of my best friends EV-ER: Kelley Stanley. I ate so much of this at her house that I finally begged her for the recipe. It's a great way to use up some of that summer zucchini that starts to pile up this time of year. (BTW, shredded zucchini lasts up to 6 months in the freezer!)
Ingredients:
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil
2 eggs
2.5 cups of flour
2 cups of shredded zuchinni
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup of nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Cream sugar, oil, and eggs until fluffy. Add zucchini, mix well and add dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle chips on top and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Now....if you want try a healthier version, see below. It's just as tasty, but with less guilt!
1 cup sugar
1 cup splenda
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup natural applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
2 cups flour
1/2 cup quick oats
2 cups zucchini
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butterscotch chips
Follow the earlier directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment